Greener Banking & Investments With Amida Wealth
Greener banking and investments refers to the practice of incorporating environmental considerations into financial decision-making. Going green with your “green” does Mother Earth proud! The best thing about factoring the environment into your everyday finances is that you get to make a difference right where you stand. Remember, Wealth is a mindset! In honor of Earth Month, here are a few eco-friendly financial tips to green-up your green with Amida!
Greener Credit Cards
Not all credit cards are created equal! Green credit cards work the same way as your regular credit card, but the rewards are different. Instead of earning traditional rewards points like airline miles or instant cash-back, a green credit card rewards the planet with each of your purchases. Features of green credit cards may include:
- Rewards for eco-friendly purchases: Green credit cards may offer higher rewards, cash back, or points for spending on eco-friendly purchases. For example; electric vehicle charging, sustainable products, and renewable energy.
- Donations to environmental causes: Some green credit cards may donate a portion of the cardholder’s purchases to environmental organizations and initiatives.
- Carbon offset programs: Some green credit cards may offer carbon offset programs, where a percentage of the cardholder’s purchases is used to offset their carbon footprint.
- Sustainable card materials: Green credit cards may be made from recycled or biodegradable materials.
- Eco-friendly perks: Green credit cards may offer perks such as discounts on eco-friendly travel.
For further information about Green Credit Cards, check out this Forbes article.
Online banking can be a greener way to manage your money. It allows individuals and businesses to complete financial transactions through the internet. In other words, less travel and paper! This can have several benefits for the environment:
- Online banking reduces the need for paper-based transactions. For example; writing and mailing checks, deposits, bill-pay online, and bank statements.
- There is less of a need for physical infrastructure. By utilizing online banking services, individuals and businesses can help conserve resources. For example: land, water, and energy.
- Lastly, online banking requires minimal fossil fuels. Jump on a phone call with your advisor instead of driving 30 minutes to meet. Perhaps, save time and energy (physically and for Mother Earth).
Interested to learn more about online banking? Check out this article about 6 Things To Look For From Your Online Bank.
Sustainable Banking & ESG Investing
Sustainable banking, also known as responsible banking or ethical banking, refers to a banking approach that takes into consideration social, environmental, and governance (ESG) considerations. It aims to contribute to the long-term well-being of society and the planet.
ESG investing is a type of investment approach that takes into consideration environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors in addition to traditional financial metrics when evaluating potential investments. ESG factors refer to a broad range of issues that may impact a company’s long-term performance and sustainability. This includes climate change, human rights, labor practices, executive compensation, and board diversity. ESG investing aims to align investors’ financial goals with their values by incorporating a company’s sustainability and ethical practices into the investment decision-making process. Be sure to check out Amida’s blog, Greening Your Financial Path, for more information about ESG Investing.
Greener Home Improvements
Green home improvements are a great way to make your home more environmentally friendly, and allocate your money in the long-run. Here are some tips for green home improvements:
- Install Energy-Efficient Appliances: Replace your old appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines, and dishwashers, with energy-efficient models that are certified by Energy Star.
- Install Solar Panels: Solar panels are a renewable energy source that can help you generate your own electricity and reduce your reliance on fossil fuels.
- Switch to LED Lighting: Replace your incandescent light bulbs with LED bulbs, which are more energy-efficient and have a longer lifespan.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat allows you to set temperature schedules in your home, which can help you save on energy costs.
Go green with your green! In other words, make a positive impact on your home and the planet.
Amida’s Earth Month Tips: Eco-Friendly Cleaning Hacks
Create a healthier living environment and contribute to the health of Mother Earth! Perhaps, start small and think big. Oftentimes, that is when we truly begin to see the bigger picture. We are, in fact, a part of the greater whole. Here are some eco-friendly cleaning hacks we love:
- Use vinegar and water as a natural all-purpose cleaner: Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle to create an effective and eco-friendly all-purpose cleaner. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and can be used to clean countertops, windows, and mirrors.
- Use baking soda for tough stains: Baking soda is a versatile and eco-friendly cleaner that can tackle tough stains. Mix baking soda with a little water to create a paste, and then apply it to stains on surfaces such as grout, stainless steel, or ceramic cookware. Let it sit for a few minutes, scrub with a brush, and rinse with water.
- Swap disposable cleaning wipes for reusable cloths: Instead of using disposable cleaning wipes that contribute to waste, opt for reusable cloths. You can use old t-shirts or towels as cleaning cloths and wash them after each use.
- Use microfiber cloths for dusting: Microfiber cloths are excellent for dusting as they trap dust particles without the need for any chemicals. They can be used dry or slightly dampened with water, and are reusable and washable.
- Clean with lemon juice: Lemon juice is a natural acid that can be used to clean various surfaces. Mix lemon juice with water to create a natural cleaner for cutting boards, countertops, and other kitchen surfaces.
- Opt for eco-friendly cleaning products: When purchasing cleaning products, look for eco-friendly options that are made from natural, biodegradable, and non-toxic ingredients. For further information check out Amida’s blog about eco-friendly cleaning brands.
Amida Wealth Family Conversations
At your next family or friends gathering, engage in a conversation about Mother Earth! How do your friends and family incorporate a green perspective, into their “green”? Share this blog! Perhaps, you will inspire those you love to think from an abundance perspective. How can we give back to Mother Earth together? In what ways, can we slowly make a change? If you already use a green credit card, share the benefits of all your rewards! Perhaps, your someone who is familiar with solar power – how does that benefit you? Share your wealth energy! Spread the Amida love.
At Amida Wealth our fivefold elements of wealth are: health, career, finances, relationships, and personal growth. We know that when our fivefold elements are in Harmony, our wealth energy is aligned. Perhaps, when we take Mother Earth into consideration– we expand our abundance. We expand our wealth energy. If some of these tips inspire you to have a more sustainable financial outlook, Amida can help navigate that path. We are always one phone call and email away!