3 Simple Habits For Financial Confidence
The Power Of Habits With Amida Wealth
Habits are automatic behaviors that are regularly repeated and have become ingrained in our daily routines. They are actions that we do almost without thinking. For example, we wake up in the morning and brush our teeth, drink water, make coffee, perhaps walk the dog.
Habits are important because they can have a significant impact on our lives. They become our foundation! Good habits help us achieve our goals and improve our health and well-being. For example, the habit of exercise and healthy eating, once repeated several times feels like second nature.
Habits provide structure and stability in our lives. They give us a sense of control and routine, which can be especially beneficial during times of stress or uncertainty. Above all, cultivating good habits can create more confidence in your wealth journey. Here are 3 simple habits to incorporate into your life, to feel more confident about your finances with Amida Wealth.
1. Use Financial Affirmations For Financial Confidence
A simple and effective habit to incorporate into your daily routine is the use of financial affirmations. An affirmation is a positive statement, often repeated, used to encourage and empower individuals. Put simply, they are positive phrases or statements used to challenge negative or unhelpful thoughts. Learn more about financial affirmations in our Amida Blog: Earth Month Financial Affirmations.
A few examples of financial affirmations include:
- I am abundant and financially secure.
- Money flows easily and effortlessly into my life.
- I am worthy of financial prosperity.
- I make smart financial decisions that benefit me and my family.
- I am grateful for the abundance in my life.
Repeating these affirmations daily or whenever you need a boost can help you shift your money mindset to a more positive one. In, The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business written by Charles Duhigg he writes that, “Change might not be fast and it isn’t always easy. But with time and effort, almost any habit can be reshaped.” In other words, incorporating simple new habits into your daily routine will create space for new ideas. In this space, individuals become inspired to educate themselves and feel more confident along their wealth journey.
2. Educate Yourself For Financial Growth
Education is a powerful tool! Oftentimes, when we feel overwhelmed it is a result of simply not knowing. Our mind does not have answers, so our natural state becomes overwhelmed.
When it comes to finances, choose one topic each week you want to learn more about. On that subject find a podcast, website, book, or online class. There are mentors available everywhere. All this information will serve your inspiration! You’ll find that the more educated you become on a topic, the more at ease you will feel in your financial journey. Check out the following free resources below:
- YouTube: YouTube is a great resource for learning new skills and concepts. There are many educational channels covering a wide range of topics, from science and math to cooking and art.
- Podcasts: Podcasts are a great way to learn while on-the-go. Many podcasts cover topics ranging from history and science to business and personal development.
- MOOCs: Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are courses that are offered online for free. Many universities and educational organizations offer MOOCs through platforms like Coursera, edX, and Udemy.
- Social media: Social media platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram can be used to connect with experts in your field of interest and learn from their content.
- Amida Wealth blogs: We are here to support your wealth journey, and answer any questions you may have!
Remember–one step at a time, breathe, and enjoy the process!
3. Connect With Your Stress For Financial Success
Stress can refer to both a physiological response and a psychological state. Physiologically, stress is a reaction of the body to a perceived threat or demand, known as a stressor. Think: fight or flight. This response can include the release of stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, an increased heart rate, and elevated blood pressure. Psychologically, stress is the feeling of being overwhelmed, anxious, or tense in response to a challenging situation.
Overall, stress is a natural and necessary part of life. It can motivate us to take action and help us to cope with difficult situations. However, chronic or excessive stress can have negative effects on our mental and physical health. In other words, it is important to establish awareness and harmony with the stressors in our everyday lives.
The first step in becoming more present to stress is to identify the triggers that cause it. Take note of what situations or events cause you to feel stressed or anxious. Notice the sensations of your body, and where your mind wanders. Once you have identified stress triggers, you can work on developing proper coping mechanisms. These include; a mindfulness practice, proper sleep, exercise, meaningful relationships, and a healthy diet.
Stress Mastery With Coach Bill Cortright
Coach Bill Cortright, CEO of The Stress Mastery Podcast is an International Best-Selling Author, Keynote Speaker, and Performance Coach. His famous quote, “Stress is just an illusion” accentuates the power that we have to transform our stress and live in a state of peace and harmony.
“The Seven Steps to Stress Mastery” is based on Bill’s new book. It gives a step by step process that takes you from the science to the spirituality of stress management. It brings in prosperity, focus, balance but most important it will bring you to a state of peace. How Do We Achieve Stress Mastery according to Bill Cortright? This is done by following the Seven Steps Bill has created:
- Name Your Ego
- Let GO
- Green Focus Power Hour
- Finding the NOW
Bill goes into this process in detail on his podcast “The Stress Mastery Podcast“.
Below you will find fantastic book recommendations on the topic of stress management:
- “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle: This book teaches readers to focus on the present moment and let go of stress and anxiety.
- “Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers” by Robert Sapolsky: This book explains the science behind stress and its effects on the body, as well as offering practical strategies for managing stress.
- “The Relaxation Response” by Herbert Benson: This book explains the benefits of relaxation and meditation for reducing stress and improving health.
- “The Upside of Stress” by Kelly McGonigal: This book challenges the idea that stress is always bad and offers a new perspective on how stress can actually be beneficial.
Amida’s Stress Management Meditation
At Amida, we honor the ebs & flow of this beautiful life. Just like the ocean, we sometimes need to ride the waves of what life brings. A stress management meditation can be a very effective tool to help you relax and calm your mind. After completing your financial affirmations, here’s a simple 5 minute meditation you can practice today:
- Find a quiet and comfortable place where you can sit or lie down without any disturbance.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Inhale deeply and exhale slowly, allowing your body to relax with each exhale.
- Bring your awareness to your breath. Focus on the sensation of air moving in and out of your body. If your mind wanders, gently bring it back to your breath.
- As you breathe in, imagine that you are inhaling calmness and relaxation. As you exhale, imagine that you are releasing all the tension and stress from your body and mind.
- As you continue to breathe deeply and focus on your breath, visualize a peaceful and calming scene in your mind. It could be a beautiful nature scene, a serene beach, or a peaceful forest.
- Allow yourself to fully immerse in this scene and feel the sense of calm and tranquility. Stay with this visualization for a few minutes.
- When you’re ready, slowly bring your awareness back to your breath. Take a few deep breaths and gently open your eyes.
If you’re located in southern Florida, perhaps give yourself time to embrace the ocean. Put your feet into the sand and listen to the ocean waves. Truly embrace Mother Earth for the last few days of Earth Month!
Amida’s Earth Month Tips: Eco-Friendly Bedroom Supplies
In honor of Earth month, Amida would like to share eco-friendly bedroom hacks you can consider to make your bedroom more environmentally friendly. Remember, proper sleep is essential for stress management! Here are 2 simple suggestions:
- Organic Bedding: Look for bedding made from organic materials like cotton, linen, or bamboo. These materials are more sustainable than synthetic fabrics and they are free of harmful chemicals.
- Indoor Plants: Plants can help purify the air in your bedroom and make it more inviting. Choose low-maintenance plants like succulents or spider plants that don’t require a lot of water or sunlight.
Go green with Amida!
Amida Wealth Family Conversations
At your next family or friends gathering, share this blog! Encourage those you love to embrace their wealth journey. What new habits that they incorporate into their life to help them thrive? Perhaps, you can encourage them through the example that you lead. Share your favorite books, and your favorite financial affirmations. Perhaps, you can begin to share your favorite financial podcasts. Get more comfortable with the unknown, and discover all of your wealth energy. Become expansive and abundant with Amida.
Cultivating good habits can create more confidence in your wealth journey. Remember to practice financial affirmations, have fun educating yourself, and most importantly – connect with your stress. In other words, this journey of wealth is yours! Can you feel your abundance? Amida is always one phone call and email away.